The Lachelein area is the third area of Arcane River and can only be accessed after reaching Level 220 and finishing the Chu Chu Island area first. The whole Lachelein Questline that requires anything outside of just talking to NPCs is just 14 quests. Completing the Questline of Lachelein will reward the Lachelein Arcane Symbol and access to Lucid and Dream Defender.
The Chu Chu Island area is the second area of Arcane River and can only be accessed after reaching Level 210 and finishing the Vanishing Journey area first. Chu Chu Island has a total of 10 quests that require something outside of just talking to NPCs. After completing all these quest, you will gain access to the Chu Chu Island Arcane Symbol and the Hungry Muto Party Quest.
1. Master Lyck’s Special Dish
Get 20 Sweet Hoves from Pinedeers
2. The Five-Color Hill Special
Get 40 Spicy Hoofs from Bighorn Pinedeers
3. The Five-Color Hill Special (2)
Get 30 Greasy Peels from Ewenanas and 30 Sour Peels from Ramananas
4. Fresh from the Slurpy Forest
Get 20 Fresh Mane from Flyons and 30 Zesty Mane from Angry Flyons
5. Fresh from Slurpy Forest (2)
Get 30 Soft Sole from Unripe Wolfruit and 30 Chewy Sole from Ripe Wolfruit
6. Eree Valley’s Catch of the Day
Get 20 Savory Fin from Green Catfishes and 20 Tart Fin from Blue Catfishes
7. Eree Valley’s Catch of the Day (2)
Get 30 Crunchy Shells from Rhyturtles and 30 Soft Shells from Boss Rhyturtles
8. A Taste of Skywhale Mountain
Get 20 Slimy Feathers from Crilias and 20 Sticky Feathers from Patriarch Crilias
9. A Taste of Skywhale Mountain (2)
Get 30 Unpleasant Talons from Birdsharks and 30 Chewy Talons from Patriarch Birdsharks
10. The Secret Ingredient
Defeat Slurpy Tree and obtain the Slurpy Fruit
Maplestory‘s latest update, Nova: Liberation of Cadena introduces one of the two new nova themed characters coming to Maplestory. Cadena will have a breakthrough event that will last 2 weeks from the release.
Alongside Cadena‘s release, Maple Achievements, a bunch of new 5th Job skills and Spirit Savior are added. Maple Achievements is an additional to the game that gives rewards for achieving certain achievements, duh. There’s also Rank associated with these Achievements points, and they can be display by using the Maple Crest skill.
- Bronze: 10 – 4,999 points
- Silver: 5,000 – 19,999 points
- Gold: 20,000 – 29,999 points
- Platinum: 30,000 – 35,999 points
- Diamond: 36,000+ points
- Master: Top 100 ranks
While Spirit Savior is an new dungeon added to Arcana where you’ll be collecting Spirit Coins by recusing trapped Rock Spirits. You gain a Spirit Coin for ever 1000 Rescue Points achieved. Every 3 Spirit Coins can be traded in for one Arcane Arcane Symbol. There is a daily cap of 30 obtainable Spirit Coins and 3 entries into Spirit Savior.
The Boss Rewards have been revamped, you’ll now receive an Intense Power Crystal that varies in value depending on the boss difficulty. These crystals can be sold to the collector located in the Free Market for mesos. You can sell a cap of 60 crystals per week. Also only Elixirs and Power Elixirs drop from bosses now.
Higher difficulty bosses such as Hard Lotus, Hard Damien and Hard Lucid now have a chance to drop their respective Boss Gear without having to farm just the coins they drop. There’s also an additional of a higher tier equip set towards very end-game players called the Dark Boss Set. This set includes Berserked, Magic Eyepatch, Black Heart and Dreamy Belt. The two new accessories are:
- Berserked: Face accessory. Req. Lv. 150. STR/DEX/INT/LUK +10, Weapon ATT/Magic ATT +10, Weapon DEF/Magic DEF +200. Five slots. Tradeable until equipped.
- Magic Eyepatch: Eye accessory. Req. Lv. 160. STR/DEX/INT/LUK +15, Weapon ATT/Magic ATT +3, Weapon DEF/Magic DEF +300. Three slots. Tradeable until equipped.
The set effect given by the Dark Boss set is:
- 2 set items: STR/DEX/INT/LUK +10, MaxHP +250, Weapon ATT/Magic ATT +10, Boss Damage +10%.
- 3 set items: STR/DEX/INT/LUK +10, MaxHP +250, Weapon ATT/Magic ATT +10, Weapon DEF/Magic DEF +250, Defense Ignore +10%.
- 4 set items: STR/DEX/INT/LUK +15, MaxHP +375, Weapon ATT/Magic ATT +15, Critical Damage +5%.
- Players can no longer change equipment while sitting on a chair.
- The Arcane Symbol drop will only be shown to the player who dealt the highest amount of damage.
GMS’s version of KMS’s Beyond Update is codenamed Override which in my opinion is kinda lame but just like the Beyond Update, the main 3 components of this major update is New 5th Job Skills, Arcana and the Legion System.
The Vanishing Journey area in Arcane River has a total of 23 quests in order to finish the quest line and receive your Arcane Symbol but only 11 of them require any work outside of just talking to NPCs.
Arcane Force is a new mechanic introduced in the Maplestory V update that also brought along the Arcane River region. Arcane Force is similar to Star Force and is mandatory in Arcane River, or you won’t get anywhere.
Maplestory’s Arcane River Update will release the 5th Job for every class.