Heroes of the Storm is having a cross-promotion with Diablo 3 for Malthael’s arrival on Heroes of the Storm. This promotion should start tomorrow and end 2 weeks after tomorrow (26th).
Players that play a total of 15 games with a friend in Heroes of the Storm will be rewarded with:
- Heroes of the Storm: Leoric’s Phantom (Mount) & 1 Epic Loot Chest
- Diablo 3: Ghost Kerrigan Wings (Cosmetic)
The next Hero coming to Heroes of the Storm is Malthael from the Diablo Universe.
Malthael is an assassin type Hero that will do most of his damage through DoT. His kit revolves around his passive Reaper’s Mark which deals 2.5% maximum health every second for four seconds and reveals vision when applied on enemies.
- Reaper’s Mark – Basic Attacks afflict non-Structure targets with Reaper’s Mark for 4 seconds. Marked enemies are revealed and take damage equal to 2.5% of their maximum Health every 1 second.
- Soul Rip – Extract the souls of nearby enemies afflicted by Reaper’s Mark, dealing 100 damage and healing Malthael for 44 per target hit. Heroic targets heal Malthael for an additional 3% of the Hero’s maximum Health.
- Wraith Strike – Instantly teleport through an enemy afflicted by Reaper’s Mark, dealing 59 damage and refreshing Reaper’s Mark.
- Death Shroud – After 0.25 seconds, unleash a wave of dark mist that applies Reaper’s Mark to enemies it hits.
- Tormented Souls – Gain 20 Armor and unleash a torrent of souls, continually applying Reaper’s Mark to nearby enemies for 4 seconds.
- Last Rites – Apply a death sentence to an enemy Hero that, after 2 seconds, deals damage equal to 50% of their missing Health. Repeatable Quest: Enemies killed while under the effect of Last Rites permanently reduce its cooldown by 5 seconds, to a minimum of 15 seconds.
Heroes of the Storm 2.0 Update has just launched. In 2.0, the main updates is a new Player & Hero Progression system that intertwines with each other, the introduction of loot chests that rewards numerous items and the addition of Gems as a new currency.
With Heroes of the Storm 2.0 releasing on April 25th, Heroes of the Storm will be implementing a way of showing one’s mastery of a hero similar to League of Legend’s Champion mastery. At Hero Level 15,25,50,75 and 100, you’ll unlock a mastery taunt for that corresponding hero.
Heroes of The Storm’s Lunar Festival Event starts tomorrow while the rest of Blizzard’s titles will be starting at a later date. HoTS’ Lunar Festival Event is from January 24th to February 14th.
Heroes of The Storm’s Lunar Festival Event features a Rooster Race pre-game event where players will have to collect at least 4 items and return it to the starting area. Every player will receive a daily quest to complete this Event that rewards 200 Gold. Players that complete the Rooster Race 25 times will receive the Lunar Rooster Portrait & the Lunar Rooster Mount.
The Lunar Festival Event also includes Lunar themed skins and mounts such as Monkey King Samuro, Lunar Li-Ming and Nimbus Cloud alongside last year’s Lunar themed Skins.
Heroes of the Storm is the first of the blizzard games to announce their Christmas events. Starting December 14th and lasting until January 4th, Heroes of the Storm will be having the Winter Veil 2016 event.
Winter Veil 2016‘s Special Event consist of players finishing 25 games excluding Heroes Brawl alongside have 25% Bonus XP for all matches. For completing 25 games, players will receive a Snowflake Portrait and a Festive Treasure Goblin Mount.
Festive Treasure Goblin Mount
Winter Veil 2016 will also have a bunch of new bundles including returning bundles.
From November 15th – January 4th, Heroes of the Storm and Overwatch have a Crossover Event called the Neux Challenge, where players that player certain amount of games in Heroes of the Storm will obtain exclusive rewards for both games.
Play 15 Heroes of the Storm Games and receive:
||Heroes of the Storm Rewards
|Oni Genji Skin
|Oni Genji Portrait
||Oni Genji Portrait
Oni Genji Spray
Play 30 Games and receive:
|Heroes of the Storm Rewards
|Orochi Hovercycle Mount