Today, Warframe released their Spectres of the Rail update. This update includes the revamp of the Star Chart, Market, Void Towers, Archwing and the introduction of Junctions and the Kavats. This Update is pretty big as it includes numerous fixes and changes.
Star Chart Reborn
Specters of the Rail – changes to the Origin System are here, Tenno. What ghosts lurk the chambers of abandoned Junctions of a past era?
Find a new way to experience the Origin System with the complete rework of the Star Chart.
This redesign of the original Star Chart will bring back the nostalgic roadmap design making it easier for you to travel the Origin System. The map is dynamic; zoom in and out and drag your way around the Origin System. Specific regions and missions will be easier to locate. Also, it will be clear to see which Missions you need to complete thanks to new Junctions — routes between planets — guiding you on where to go next.
We’ve replaced and re-assigned many missions, including the removal of Deception and the not-so-popular Archwing Defense.
Difficulty, planet progression, and enemy levels have been reassigned to better reflect the modern Solar System.
Dedicated memorials have been set up in Relays to display the names of contributing Founders!
- Specters of the Rail live here – you must show you are worthy to conquer the Junction and ignite its Planetary travel power.
- Junctions link travel – all players new and old must complete the Task list to activate the Junctions for progression and rewards.
- Junctions reward players with Mastery upon completion! Please note this Mastery reward is quite large, and offsets any Mastery points lost in the Star Chart changes of nodes per planet.
What does this mean for Quests?
Quest acquisition are now earned at specific Junctions:
- Venus- Mercury Junction: Once Awake, Howl of the Kubrow
- Earth- Mars Junction: The Archwing
- Mars- Phobos Junction: Stolen Dreams
- Jupiter- Europa Junction: The New Strange, Limbo Theorem Blueprint
- Saturn- Uranus Junction: Natah, Clem Quest
- Uranus- Neptune Junction: The Second Dream
- Pluto- Sedna Junction: Hidden Messages Blueprint
- Pluto- Eris Junction: Patient Zero Blueprint, The Jordas Precept Blueprint
*Sands of Inaros Blueprint is still obtained from Baro Ki Teer.
Void Fissure: A dynamic occurrence throughout the Origin System – a tear in the world of Void energy from Eras past. Represented in the World State Window and occurs in 4 different tiers.
Void Relic: Ancient Relics that react to Void Fissures to reveal treasures within.
Void Traces: Raw Void energy that drops in the process of uniting Relics and Fissures. Can be used to Refine Void Relics to yield more rare rewards in your Orbiter.
Reactant: Drops in missions and must be used in the Void Fissure sealing process.
Refinement: The Process of improving the likelihood of Rare rewards from Void Relics.
Era: An old Orokin age.
Lith / Meso / Neo / Axi: 4 Distinct Eras of the Orokin past, all suddenly manifesting through Void Fissures in the Solar Map.
T1 Keys have turned into Lith Era Relics.
T2 Keys have turned into Meso Era Relics.
T3 Keys have turned into Neo Era Relics
T4 Keys have turned into Axi Era Relics.
Void Relic Segment: Found on a Junction, used to Refine Void Relics.
Void Fissures & Relics
After years of new content releases and updated items to collect, there is a certain irony in calling the Void the “void”. Until Specters of the Rail, getting specific Prime parts was a repetitive and regimented process. Each Tower mission has a corresponding key and reward table, and if you want one of those rewards, you need to stock up on the appropriate key and repeat the same mission until you accomplish your goal. That all changes with the introduction of Relics. Instead of running the same mission repeatedly, Relics allow you to dynamically acquire the rewards you want by playing Fissure missions that appear on any planet, and there will always be Void Fissures active. Collecting cool rewards is a fundamental aspect of Warframe, and this new Void system is designed to make it more fun and immersive – with Void Fissures ripping into the very fabric of the Origin System!
*Please note that Void Fissures will not be available for Assassinate and endless mission types – excluding Survival – for Launch. Further mission support will be coming shortly.
Read the Developer Workshop here:
As a result of this change:
- Syndicate Void Key Pack has changed to Relic Pack.
- Void Key Pack from the Market and Daily Tribute has changed to Relic Pack.
- As for our good friend Baro, his sales/prices will be monitored closely to take new economy into account in terms of Ducat acquisition.
- Access to the Derelicts is remaining the same.
New Resource – Void Traces!
To help players acquire higher quality Void Relic’s we’ve introduced a new resource: Void Traces. Void Traces are guaranteed to drop by sealing a Void Fissure. Players will be able to spend these in the Void Relic Segment of their Landing Craft to refine Void Relics. While each individual Relic will have a predetermined set of items that can be acquired from within them, their quality level will affect the likelihood of rarer items being received once the Relic is used to seal a Void Fissure.
The Refinement costs for improving an INTACT Void Relic are as follows:
- EXCEPTIONAL = 25 Void Traces
- FLAWLESS = 50 Void Traces
- RADIANT = 100 Void Traces
Dragon Keys will now require 10 Void Traces to craft instead of Void Keys. Their blueprints have also been moved to a more appropriate place: the Orokin Lab!
How to acquire Relics:
You can get Relics by playing through certain regular mission types (typically endless missions). Any Void Keys you have will be converted into Relics of a similar Era. Relics are not restricted to Towers and precise missions the way Void Keys are, so all Void Keys of a particular Era will be converted into Relics of a similar reward level.
Warframe Mission Sound 2.0
- Archwing has been upgraded to a full six degrees of freedom! Now, you’ll be able to pilot your Archwing like a true flight simulator with full 360 degree yaws and pitches. (Note: submersible missions will still use the old controls)
- New Archwing UI and control bindings to further enhance your flying experience!
- New Eximus Archwing units have been deployed throughout the Origin System!
- Syndicates now offer Archwing components!
- Reduced the total number of Archwing nodes to 8 – one of each type for Grineer and Corpus.
New Archwing Mission Types!
Archwing Pursuit (Saturn – Pandora)
- Hunt down a heavily defended Grineer Ship and destroy it by fighting through the ship’s defenses, such as: energy shields, turrets, and mines.
Archwing Rush (Phobos – Kepler)
- Reach hostile supply ships and destroy them before they escape. The more ships you destroy within the given time, the greater the reward.
New Archwing Mods & Weapons!
- Archwing Melee – Agkuza: Tear apart incoming enemies with this massive hooked blade.
- Archwing Primary – Cyngas: Unload deadly accurate bursts of mayhem.
- New Dual Stat Archwing Mods (At full rank):
- Arch-Melee: Meteor Crash – +60% Impact + 60% Status Chance
- Arch-Melee: Nebula Bore – +60% Puncture +60% Status Chance
- Arch-Melee: Astral Slash – +60% Slash +60% Status Chance
- Arch-Gun: Comet Blast – +90% Impact +90% Status Chance
- Arch-Gun: Quasar Drill – +90% Puncture +90% Status Chance
- Arch-Gun: Zodiac Shred – +90% Slash + 90% Status Chance
- Augments (At full rank):
- Afterburner (Elytron – Core Vent augment) Blast damage ignites exhaust fumes for 12 seconds. Enemies passing through the flames take 500 Heat damage.
- Cold Snap (Itzal – Cosmic Crush augment) The black hole saps the area of heat, freezing enemies in range. Enemies near the black hole are completely frozen for 5 seconds.
- Energy Field (Odonata – Energy Shell augment) Energy Shell applies to allies within 35m.
New Support Archwing: Amesha!
Transform into a winged guardian!
Get this Archwing today in the Market or Tenno Clan Research!
- Watchful Swarm – Tiny drones orbit the Warframe or an ally, and intercept enemy fire.
- Benevolent Decoy – Creates beacons that drew enemy fire, converting the damage into healing pulses.
- Warding Grace – Renders the Warframe and nearby allies immune to Status Effects, while slowing nearby enemies.
- Vengeful Rush – All damage taken is transformed into Energy, while abilities gain enhanced range, duration and power. Affects the Warframe and nearby allies.
The Warframe Market got a facelift! Two big motivators behind this rework are pretty straight-forward: a) to make it easier to find what you want and to see what’s available; and b) to allow the Market to grow as more content is added in-game. Highlights of this upgrade include better item categories (especially for Cosmetics) and a brand new search function to help you fine-tune your results. A new hide/show owned button will make browsing for new gear a breeze, but for those who need to save up for the big ticket items, the new Wishlist feature will help you keep track of your must-haves. Feeling particularly generous? You can see your friends’ Wishlists and gift them what their heart desires!
A large majority of Market-related complaints we receive relate to the confusion between built items (aka Platinum-purchased) and Blueprints. The current Market set-up can misguide players into thinking that Warframes, Weapons, and Sentinels aren’t craftable in-game, so we condensed the Built items and Blueprints into the same page. Information about build costs, stats, blueprint location, and more, will be separated into 3 tabs on this page to help players learn all they need to know about the item in order to make an informed purchase!
While trying to make the Market work (and look!) better, we made some pricing changes as follows:
- Frugal Credits Bundle: 50k Credits for 50 Platinum.
- High Roller Credit Bundle: 175k Credits for 90 Platinum.
- Loki*: 175 Platinum
- Mag*: 75 Platinum
* These prices were swapped to reflect the change in Starter status.
- 3 Forma Bundle: 35 Platinum
- 30 Day Resource Booster: 200 Platinum
- Fieldron Sample replaced with Fieldron – 1 for 10 Platinum
- Mutagen Sample replaced with Mutagen Mass – 1 for 10 Platinum
- Detonite Ampule replaced with Detonite Injector – 1 for 10 Platinum
[Coming in a near Hotfix:]
Finally, keep an eye out to other UI tweaks that should make your Market experience easier and more accessible! If you want to learn more about these changes, be sure to read our dev workshop:
Kavats & Companion System Improvements
With the introduction of a new species also comes some new features for the Companion system overall! All biological Companions can now roam the ship in their kitten/puppy or adult form, and it’s up to you to decide to Mature them with the click of a button – no more mysterious wait times that can’t be bypassed.Adorn your faithful companion in the Armor it deserves and enhance it with new Mods!
There are two Unique Breeds of Kavat, the Adarza Kavat and the Smeeta Kavat!
Each Kavat breed will have a set of unique perks:
Adarza Kavats, lethal and sly, have learned the following:
- Cat’s Eye – Adarza Kavat grants increased critical chance to all nearby Tenno for a short duration.
- Reflect – Reflects damage back at attackers with increased lethality.
Smeeta Kavats, aloof but powerful, have learned the following:
- Mischief – Allows Smeeta Kavat to become invisible while a decoy Kavat draws fire by running toward the enemy.
- Charm – Smeeta Kavat bestows its owner with good fortune during the course of a mission.
Kavats can also equip other Companion Mods to help you better customize your newest (and perhaps cutest) companion yet!
New Kavat Mods:
- Sense Danger – The Kavat alerts their master of nearby enemies.
- Territorial Aggression – The Kavat marks their territory, pacifying any wild creature within it.
- Pounce – The Kavat pounces at an enemy, stunning them for a short duration.
- Sharpened Claws – A vicious attack that sunders armour and rends flesh.
- Swipe – Strikes additional enemies and gains increased range. +1 enemies. +0.5m to attack range.
How to Acquire a Kavat
No collar required! Scan 10 x Kavat Genetic Codes from Feral Kavats. These scans grant you a chance on every scan to get a signature.
Once signature is acquired, you will need to research a Kavat Incubator Upgrade Segment from your Dojo or purchase one from the Market to house your new Kavat Companion!
New Kavat Customizations
Wysar Kavat Armor and Saraba Kavat Armor
New Lore System: Fragments
A new world of Lore awaits!
Mysterious Fragments have been found scattered across the Solar System. Scanning these will unlock information in your Codex that expands on the nature of the Warframe universe. Each unlocked fragment comes with beautiful concept art that can be displayed on your Landing Craft Displays.
See the Codex > Universe > Fragments to get started!
The Louvre, The Met – and now, The Orbiter. Create your own art exhibit chez vous (too french?) with the new Orbiter Gallery! Whether your skills come from Instagram, Photoshop, or Snapchat, use filters, cropping, and other editing tools to customize each Display how you’d like!
Each picture can be Displayed in a variety of formats:
The world might be your canvas, but space is limitless – besides, we can’t all be painters.
New Weapons & Stance!
- The Okina are here! This Tenno Sai can be yours today by either visiting the Market to acquire the full weapon, or in your Tenno Lab research!!
- New Dual Dagger Stance: Spinning Needle
Melee Holstering customization is here!
We’re taking Fashion Frame to the next level with user-customizable melee offsets! If you’re the kind of Tenno who needs to get your Skana looking just right, you’ll now have the option to tweak the rotation and offset of your melee weapons to perfection.
ADI Holster Collection (purchase through the Market)
A collection of alternate styles for holstering and drawing a range of melee weapons.
Item Linking in Chat!
Item linking is a popular pastime in many MMOs, and now you’ll be able to link items in Warframe’s chat by typing “[“ plus the name of the item you wish to link! Clicking the link will open a description of that item. We hope this will also help the [Flow] when trading your [Spare Parts]!
- Your Arsenal will now display the corresponding skin icon when equipped rather than the underlying Warframe.
- Completely revisited old tilesets and added new rare loot spawn points for Syndicate Medallions and more. This should also fix issues with some missions only having 3 or so Syndicate Medallions to collect.
- The Alert generator has had some trimming done with the removal of Void Keys and some Credit Alerts which ultimately reduces the time it takes to complete an Alert Cycle from approximately 15 days to approximately 10 days. All Credit Alerts now have a chance to spawn with a random Fusion Core as well. With this faster Cycling through Alerts, you should see more things you want return faster!
- Added Operator Customization improvements. A Secondary Face can now be chosen to blend between two different looks with a slider for more customizable features.
- Added a new experimental graphics quality option for Temporal Anti-Aliasing. This can be enabled in the options menu.
- Added a new ‘Wave Cleared’ sound for Defense missions.
- Added FX polish across a variety of weapons & abilities.
- Added new loading screen tips!
- Added custom weapon reloads to a variety of weapons that were re-using old reloads (Snipetron, Embolist, ec).
- Added minimap portrait icons to the UI to show you which Warframe a player in your Squad is using at a minimap level.
- Added the “Invert Tap/Hold Abilities” option in your settings. You may now chose to either tap to cycle and hold to fire, or invert to hold to cycle and tap to fire.
- Added the ability to filter by Co-Op and Conclave when browsing through Mods.
- Added a UI message when reaching the daily Simaris Standing limit.
- Added an audio and visual FX to players when they are targeted by Executioner Harkonar.
Lunaro + Conclave Changes & Additions
- Weapon skins for the Grinlok, Tonkor, Jat Kittag and Marelok are now available from Teshin!
- Polished the goal Replay feature in Lunaro.
- Small change to slow down the equip/unequip animations on the Lunaro.
- You can now preview how you’ll look with your energy colour set to Sun or Moon in the Conclave Arsenal.
- Frame energy color now has a minimum brightness in Conclave.
- Adjusted the melee impact sounds for Hydroid Kraken tentacles in Conclave.
- Changed the intended stats on the Double Tap Conclave Mod to be +20% damage for 2 seconds.
- Added a separate first win of the day bonus for Conclave.
- Conclave mod ‘Lucky Shot’ can no longer be used with the Miter.
- The following abilities can now only be activated at 100 energy in Conclave:
- Sound Quake – Banshee
- Effigy – Chroma
- World on Fire – Ember
- Mend and Maim – Equinox
- Exalted Blade – Excalibur
- Artemis Bow – Ivara
- Peacemaker – Mesa
- Absorb – Nyx
- Hysteria – Valkyr
- Primal Fury – Wukong
- Reduced the duration of Loki’s Decoy in Conclave.
- Reduced Volt Prime’s Conclave Mobility base stat to 0.8
- Nyx’s Mind Control duration reduced in Conclave.
- Reduced the damage of Opticor in Conclave.
- Reduced the damage of the Daikyu in Conclave.
- Removed Cephalon Spire and Orokin Hall maps from Annihilation and Team Annihilation.
- Increased damage of Mesa’s Peacemaker in Conclave.
- Increased damage of Excalibur’s Exalted Blade projectiles in Conclave.
- Decreased channeling cost of Valkyr’s Hysteria in Conclave.
- Decreased channeling cost of Wukong’s Primal Fury in Conclave.
- Decreased energy cost of shooting Ivara’s Artemis Bow in Conclave.
- Increased minimum explosive damage of Nyx’s Absorb in Conclave.
- Decreased damage of Volt’s Shock in Conclave.
- Decreased channeling cost of Banshee’s Sound Quake in Conclave.
- Increased damage of Ember’s World on Fire in Conclave.
- Increased speed of Ember’s Fireball projectile in Conclave.
- Increased slow duration of Frost’s Icicle in Conclave.
- Decreased damage of Banshee’s Sonic Boom in Conclave.
- Minimum player count of Team Annihilation reduced to 1 per team in Conclave..
- Paris series ammo pool reduced to 20 in Conclave.
- Daikyu ammo pool reduced to 15 in Conclave.
- Reduced damage of Nova’s Null Star in Conclave.
- Increased the size of Vauban’s Tesla traps in Conclave.
- Reduced the damage of Limbo’s Cataclysm in Conclave.
- Decreased Health Orb pickup from 50 to 30 health and respawn time is now 20 seconds in Conclave.
- All whip melee weapons are now available to use in Conclave.
- Halikar now available for use in Conclave.
PvE/PvP Stance Alterations + New PvP Melee Stance Mods:
We’ve decided to remove the functionality of PvE stances within Conclave matches. This design choice was implemented as we felt the current moveset provided by the PvE stances didn’t quite fit the feel of our PvP gameplay. Using animations from existing melee Stances, alternative versions have been created with a focus on gap closing moves and shorter combos to better fit the pace of Warframe Conclave.
A list of these new Conclave Melee Stance mods can be found below. Each of these mods can be purchased from Teshin at Rank 1.
- Argent Scourge (Polearm)
- Biting Piranha (Dual Daggers)
- Celestial Nightfall (Glaive)
- Crashing Havoc (Hammer)
- Crashing Timber (Staves)
- Cunning Aspect (Rapier)
- Dividing Blades (Dual Sword)
- Fateful Truth (Katana)
- Lashing Coil (Whip)
- Last Herald (Sword and Shield)
- Mafic Rain (Nunchaku)
- Noble Cadence (Heavy Blade)
- Piercing Fury (Dagger)
- Quaking Hand (Fists)
- Rending Wind (Machete)
- Rising Steel (Sword)
- Scarlet Hurricane (Claws)
- Shadow Harvest (Scythe)
- Star Divide (Tonfa)
- Tainted Hydra (Sword + Whip)
- Vicious Approach (Fists + Feet)
All melee weapons available in Conclave have had their damage adjusted to work with their new stances.
Abilities & Augments vs Nullifiers
We’ve added some changes to Nullifiers – rather, we’ve fixed how they affect others on the battlefield. We’ve gone over every player ability and augment to provide predictable interactions with Nullifier bubbles and ability immune enemies. Below are the rules that we have adhered by to offer a consistent avenue for players to strategize against foes in-battle.
- Abilities will not affect players or enemies within a Nullifier bubble.
- Effects of an ability on both players and enemies will be removed when entering Nullifier bubbles.
- A Warframe’s active abilities will be deactivated upon entering a Nullifier bubble.
- Projectiles spawned by an ability will be deflected when they encounter a Nullifier bubble. For example, Ember’s Fireball and Ash’s Shuriken will be deflected.
- Abilities that exist independent of their creator will not be deactivated if the Warframe enters a nullifier, but will be destroyed if touched by the bubble itself. For example, Frost’s Snowglobe will not disappear when Frost enters the bubble, but will be destroyed if the bubble comes into contact with the Snowglobe sphere.
Interception Changes & Fixes
- Adjusted the enemy counts for each mission; in most cases the spawn counts were increased.
- Improved enemy tactics to better plan assaults on player-controlled towers; by staging units ahead of time they can be more effective and draw the action to different points around the map.
- Changed how the different types of enemy unit are sent into the fray. Historically you’d see higher-tier units mid-way through the first round and there would be no escalation after that; you should now see more infantry in the first round and then more support and heavy units if you chose to stay to intercept more transmissions.
- Tuned the enemy tables to fix the cases where certain levels were 50% enemies that couldn’t capture points (eg: Drones).
- Corrupted Vor in T4 Interception will no longer delay the end of round countdown (just the end of round) so that if he’s the last enemy you aren’t stuck waiting as long.
- Fixed the problem where low-level Interception missions were flooded with Eximus’.
- Added an Interception Mission to Sedna, Berehynia.
- Warframe Agkuza
- Warframe Amesha
- Warframe Astral Slash
- Warframe Axi Era
- Warframe Comet Blast
- Warframe Cyngas
- Warframe Era
- Warframe Junctions
- Warframe Lith Era
- Warframe Meso Era
- Warframe Meteor Crash
- Warframe Nebula Bore
- Warframe Neo Era
- Warframe Quasar Drill
- Warframe Spectres of the Rail
- Warframe Void 2.0
- Warframe Void Fissure
- Warframe Void Relic
- Warframe Void Tracers
- Warframe Zodiac Shred