July 8th will bring us a new big update for MapleStory (GMS) as well as the return of the Beast Tamer!
FIREPOWER: Hot and Icy
Become a Hot Agent or Icy Agent based on your login activity, and participate in the summer events. Both agent types get their own special items and can team up to help each other.
- Hot Agents can give Icy Agents a special buff and get a prize box in return. If you want more, you can make someone on your friends list be your “Best Friend” for the event and both of you will get 20 FIREPOWER Coins. You will also receive a special effect when playing near each other on the same map.
- Icy Agents can get Growth Potions for them and their Best Friend upon reaching certain level up goals. Parties that include an Icy Agent will also receive an EXP boost.
FIREPOWER: Summer Events
- Burning Levels: Select a character under level 100 to be a Burning character. Every time they level up, they will get 2 extra level ups (so you level 3 times!).
- FIREPOWER Coin Shop: The new coin shop has a variety of chairs, mounts, and scrolls. The list will be posted once it has been released.
- Giant Ice-Cubes: In certain towns, giant Ice Cubes will appear. Break them to get restorative items, chairs, and other rewards.
- New Guild Events and Attendance Checks
FriendStory: Rock and Roll
The 6th Chapter of FriendStory has Damien and the Root Abyss bosses come to Shinsoo International High School and spread a Rock Virus that makes students play air guitar and act like rock stars. Join Irena’s band to help fend off the virus. This introduces a new minigame and multiple endings, along with special rewards depending on what ending you got in this chapter.
New Region: Blackgate City
Players level 100 – 150 can travel to this new area via the Dimensional Mirror in all towns. Blackgate City will feature 5 new bosses and the new Blackgate Equipment Set.
New Region: Scrapyard
The Black Heaven has crashed into the ground near Edelstein. Players level 190 and higher can now explore the wreckage and help the robots in Haven with their daily quests to earn Energy Cores. Normal Lotus has returned and will also drop Energy Cores. These new items can be exchanged for AbsoLab Coins in Haven to get the level 160 AbsoLab Set.
Star Planet: New Games
The Legends Return!: Players compete in a 3v3 brawl where each player selects an avatar, each with 5 Active skills. Avatars earn gold and level by defeating monsters scattered around the map or defeating opposing players. Whoever gets the most points at the end of the match wins. After the match, you will earn Star Points and Mileage depending on your kills and deaths. Below are the 5 Avatars.
Every Avatar has the same core skills that can be upgraded using gold (costs 540 / 990 / 1620 / 2340 / 3300 to level up) to get more out of the passives.
- Attack Boost: 2 / 5 / 10 / 15 / 20 percent more attack.
- Max HP and MP Boost: 2 / 7 / 15 / 20 / 30 percent more Max HP and MP.
- Critical Chance Boost: 3 / 6 / 12 / 18 / 25 percent more Critical Chance.
- Attack Speed, Jump, and Movement Speed Boost: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 more Attack Speed, Jump, and Movement Speed.
- HP and MP Regen Boost: 10 / 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 percent faster HP and MP regeneration rate
Above is the Headquarters were players on the same team spawn and respawn.
Above is a Boss Monster which can spawn in the hunting grounds. Kill them to earn bonus EXP and Gold.
Supernatural Yut: Players get a Yut Power (affects them) and a Piece Power (affects opponents) and can use these items before tossing a Yut to add extra mechanics to the game.
Beast Tamer Returns
For a limited time only, the Beast Tamer along with some new improvements will be released! Another post will be done once these revamps have actually been seen.
Beefy the Grill Master needs help getting rid of monsters on the Nautilus. Players level 33 and higher can enter Beefy’s Kitchen and help him complete missions and party quests to raise the level of the kitchen. As it improves, you’ll be able to unlock the ability to make powerful potions and Cash Shop items. Participating in improving the kitchen will earn you a special medal and new chef themed equipment.
That is all the information about the upcoming MapleStory Update. Once the update actually comes out, I will make another post giving more details on it!
- Beast Tamer
- Black Heaven
- Blackgate City
- Burning Level
- Friendstory Rock and Roll
- Growth Potion
- Hot Agent
- Ice and Burn
- Icy Agent
- Maplestory Absolab
- Maplestory Beast Tamer
- Maplestory Beefy Kitchent
- Maplestory Blackgate
- Maplestory Energy Core
- Maplestory Firepower
- Maplestory Scrapyard
- Maplestory Star Planet
- Maplestory Update
- Star Planet
- Supernatural Yut
- The Legends Return